The writing project has come to an end.
So, about a month and a half ago, I decided to start a project that will help fellow bloggers or my readers in general to let their compositions be read. I called it The Whiskey Words, for that’s what words are like. Whiskey. It burns your throat, and makes you forget your pain.
The response to the project has been over-whelming. To be honest, I did not expect more than five entries for the project, but could I be more wrong? (Chandler: hehe)
The amount of entries I received was both a boon and a bane. The bane being that it became tougher for me to choose between the entries. But I did, and here we are. The following are the three best entries according to me, in this very order:
The winner: The winner of the writing project is Anchal Rani (Whiskey Words: Project 3). I tried to contact Kathy Gardner (Whisky Words: Project 11) but failed to get her address as response to my mail. So, I’ve decided to give the Giveaway to the second best. Congratulations, Anchal!
March was truly a wonderful month. Thank you so much. Leave a comment below if you liked the Whiskey Words, and also if you’d like more of such projects in the future. Also, all suggestions for my blog are welcome and you can mail them to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you again for sticking around. April is here and so am I. Let’s have another awesome month. We are going back to my compositions. Do share my blog with your friends if you like it, it’ll be a great help. Also, criticism is always welcome and appreciated.
This is Submission SIX of The Whiskey Words. The Whiskey Words is a writing project (and a giveaway), and if you’d like to participate, here are the rules.
His white shirt,
His deep blue jeans,
His disheveled good hair,
And a smile so sweet;
He had me at ‘Hi’
Oh, how he knew it,
I was falling,
He pushed me off the cliff.
– Zoya Ejaz (blog)
This is Submission FIVE of The Whiskey Words. The Whiskey Words is a writing project (and a giveaway), and if you’d like to participate, here are the rules.
The woman of substance
The tattoo on my collarbone,
Attracting the bees around,
Is a symbol of my girly bone
In the moonshine.
My curves are judged
In the outfit of my free style,
It is the thinking which got fucked
In the lifestyle.
My flaws are criticized
In the hypocrisy of the perfect world.
Categorization was accepted
In the blindfold.
My eyes water
In the affection of my admirers
Forgetting the pain of my
Blood and milk.
Am I black or white
In the eyes of karma?
Underestimating my strength
In the hues of melodrama
My beauty is in question
Of my unread lessons
Having a loyal intention
To be read in person.
The mother, the wife, the daughter
In the drama of life
Asking the glory to salute
The women of substance.
– Bhavya Prabhakar (blog)
I gave a brief introduction about the project (and a giveaway) that I’ve started. I’ll go into complete details in this post.
- In the project, I will post things you’ve written, so that you are heard.
- To enter in the project, you’ll have to do what you probably love doing most, or if you want to try something new. Write.
- The project starts on the 1st of March, and ends on 31st of March.
- Out of all the submissions I get, I will select sixteen. And only those will be posted on my blog on alternating days starting 1st of March.
- The submission has to be new content that hasn’t been posted elsewhere. For your convenience, you can post it to your own blog after I have posted it on my blog.
- When and if I post your submission, I will link to your blog. In return, if you post it on your blog soon after, do link back to mine.
- The submission deadline is the 20th of March. It would be appreciated if you do it before then, though.
- Anyone can participate. No matter what your writing field is. Poetry, short stories, prose or essays. The topic can be absolutely anything ranging from the ever famous love to social issues to nature. Anything.
- Invite your friends too, if they love writing, even if they don’t have a blog.
- The giveaway is a book, because as writers, we a) love books, and b) should keep reading in order to stay creative.
- I’ll select the winner on the basis of submissions. The author of my favorite submission will be the winner.
- As we all have different tastes and favorite genres, I’ll contact whosoever I select for the giveaway to discuss which book you want. It’ll be a mutual decision.
- I’ll place the order of the book after discussing with the winner, on the 1st of April. It’ll reach you as soon as Amazon allows.
Submit using these mediums :
Facebook : Utsavraj
Email : email@example.com
Let’s make March one amazing month! I am really excited about the project. Invite anyone who would like to participate. The more the merrier, after all.