The number in the first two statistics are true and have been taken from here and here. This is here to spread awareness, and not to degrade or leave out men. Smile everyone! Also, leave a comment telling about what problems any one of you have faced.
One in every six women has been sexually assaulted,
and accused of “asking for it”,
or facing it because men,
(being the beasts that they can sometimes be),
cannot control their desires and should not be blamed for it.
One in every four women has been denied opportunities,
of climbing the gold-coated staircase.
The staircase of power and creative possibilities,
has been reserved for men,
(and at times women who agree to sleep with them).
One in every two women has a horror story,
to tell that will send shivers up your very existence,
for the story monsters are human beings
with pride horns and intentions like a sharp crooked teeth,
and darkness that doesn’t go away with a switch.
One in every one woman has given her all,
so that mankind can be kind,
and the world can be truly called a beautiful place.
If you want to connect with me on Facebook, click here.
Instagram handle: @myspirals
Previous post: Family.
Related post: Life.
Friends, if you like reading my work, do share it with your friends (on whatever social media you deem appropriate). It would be amazing to have more people reading my compositions. Please help my infinity grow bigger ∞
I gave a brief introduction about the project (and a giveaway) that I’ve started. I’ll go into complete details in this post.
- In the project, I will post things you’ve written, so that you are heard.
- To enter in the project, you’ll have to do what you probably love doing most, or if you want to try something new. Write.
- The project starts on the 1st of March, and ends on 31st of March.
- Out of all the submissions I get, I will select sixteen. And only those will be posted on my blog on alternating days starting 1st of March.
- The submission has to be new content that hasn’t been posted elsewhere. For your convenience, you can post it to your own blog after I have posted it on my blog.
- When and if I post your submission, I will link to your blog. In return, if you post it on your blog soon after, do link back to mine.
- The submission deadline is the 20th of March. It would be appreciated if you do it before then, though.
- Anyone can participate. No matter what your writing field is. Poetry, short stories, prose or essays. The topic can be absolutely anything ranging from the ever famous love to social issues to nature. Anything.
- Invite your friends too, if they love writing, even if they don’t have a blog.
- The giveaway is a book, because as writers, we a) love books, and b) should keep reading in order to stay creative.
- I’ll select the winner on the basis of submissions. The author of my favorite submission will be the winner.
- As we all have different tastes and favorite genres, I’ll contact whosoever I select for the giveaway to discuss which book you want. It’ll be a mutual decision.
- I’ll place the order of the book after discussing with the winner, on the 1st of April. It’ll reach you as soon as Amazon allows.
Submit using these mediums :
Facebook : Utsavraj
Email : email@example.com
Let’s make March one amazing month! I am really excited about the project. Invite anyone who would like to participate. The more the merrier, after all.